How to recharge mobile from PhonePe App through UPI
PhonePay is a digital payment platform that was established in 2015 and acquired by Flipkart in 2016. The app was released the same year and according to PhonePay became the first integrated payment interface (UPI) -based app to surpass 10 million app downloads. It allows users to pay directly from the app, transfer funds, pay bills, receive recharges, and more. Talking about recharge, prepaid customers can easily recharge through PhonePe app using UPI.
While the PhonePay app allows users to choose different payment methods to complete a recharge, UPI is probably simple and allows users of various telecom providers to receive a recharge in a few simple steps. So, if you want to use PhonePay for your next recharge through UPI, we have put together a step-by-step guide on how to do this.
Set up UPI via PhonePe utility
- If you are on Android or use an iPhone in the App Store, download the PhonePay app from Google Play.
- You will be asked to open the app and enter your phone number to get the OTP.
- After allowing the SMS application, the application will automatically detect the OTP.
- Then, the application will ask for location, contact and permission over the phone.
- On the homepage you will find Add Bank Account, tap here.
- Select your bank and the application will automatically get the UPI details.
- You need to get the news form in your bank which states that UPI is enabled.
- Similarly, you should also receive a message from PhonePe.
- Tap continue, the process should be completed.
- Recharge via UPI through PhonePe App
- On the home screen, tap on the mobile recharge option.
- Choose your number or any other number you want to recharge.
- Select your network operator and circle.
- You should see all the programs given by the operator under different tabs.
- Scroll down and choose the prepaid plan that suits you.
- Make sure you are under Debit from section under BHIM UPI tab.
- Select the bank account that you associate with the PhonePe app.
- Tap Recharge
- Enter your UPI PIN and wait. Your recharge should be successful.