How to recharge mobile from Paytm app through UPI
Paytm, a home digital payment application, provides a wide range of services to users, from paying utility bills to booking air tickets. Users can recharge their mobiles through applications through the Unified Payment Interface (UPI) to their operators. Like any other mobile recharging app, users can recharge their own numbers or their friends and family.
The application provides recharge plans and services from all major telecommunications operating in the country. Airtel, BSNL, Jio, MTNL and V (Vodafone Idea) customers can recharge their mobile numbers through Paytm.
How to recharge mobile with Paytm app through UPI
The Paytm recharging process is very simple and easy. All you have to do is click on the tab and choose the recharge plan asked on your phone screen.
If Paytm is not installed in your phone, you can do so by going to Google Play (for Android users) or App Store (for iOS). Once you download and install, you can sign in using your registered mobile number or create a new account if you do not already have one.
After a successful login, follow these steps to recharge your phone through UPI:
- On the home page of the app, you will see an icon called Recharge and Payment Bill. Click on it
- Now please check my Recharge and Bill page. The first option is mobile just below the search bar under the Popular Services tab. Click on that icon.
- This will take you to the recharge and bill payment page. Above, you will find several tabs for different types of recharge. The mobile tab should be selected by default. If not, click here.
- For the phone number from which you want to recharge, select Prepaid or Postpaid depending on the subscription type.
- Enter the mobile number in the box below. You can also click on the small phone book icon (located at the top right of the search box) to select a number from your contact list. Note that Paytm will ask for permission to access your phone contacts.
- Once you enter the phone number, the application will take you to a new page where the phone number entered will be displayed to the telecom operator above. You also have the option to change the operator if you believe the corresponding operator is not displayed correctly. Below that, you will see an enter amount box, where you can place the value of your desired recharge plan. If you do not know the exact value of the project, you can click on Display Projects (placed in the right corner of the box) and then select the project of your choice.
- If the value is entered / selected correctly, it will show the key features of the application recharge plan such as validity, data limits etc. at the bottom of the Value box.
- If there are discount and cashback offers, then click on View bank offer and promo code.
- Click Continue to make payment.
- This will take you to the selection options to pay the page. Here, click on BHIM UPI option (must be second in the list).
Enter your UPI ID in the box below. When done, click Pay.
- The application will ask for your UPI PIN. Check that your bank name and your recharge amount are shown above properly.
- Enter the PIN and click on SUBMIT to complete the process.
The application confirming the transaction on your registered mobile number and receiving text notifications from the bank application recharge will also display the successful message. Need help with this window? Button – If you have some transaction queries.